Director Asia Pacific, James&Wilkinson Media
Joe’s 12 years of experience within Broadcast Marketing and Media planning spans across many international markets. He joined JWM in 2013 after several years at Viacom UK as Media Manager for Nickelodeon and now heads up the JWM Asia Pacific office in Singapore.
JWM work with Broadcasters across the globe to maximise the potential of their owned media space to drive audiences to consume content and engage with brands. Services include; promotional strategy consultancy across both linear, VOD and digital platforms, facilitation and training.
Session: The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same
TV is dead, long live TV!
Whilst Television is certainly not dead it has undoubtedly evolved and continues to evolve as audiences have been empowered to shape its very concept, which we tend to mostly reference as being the digital world. There is however a misconception that the digital world follows its own complex rules of how to communicate to consumers.
Whilst change is challenging, it is also exciting!
We will show how to adapt the fundamental marketing techniques and strategies to the digital world, to ensure that Television remains the greatest thing in the world.
We should even make the case, that the essential principles of promotion that have been successfully engaging and driving viewers to content over many years are more important than ever before, as we try to keep up with viewer dynamism.
The Consumer is one and the same.
Take outs from this session will include:
- Shared insights from how sophisticated broadcasters are evolving their promotional activity to engage with audiences across all platforms.
- Digital enhances our ability to understand what works and what doesn’t
- Marketing and planning principles that have been established over many years of engaging and driving viewers to watch still apply in the digital world
- Examples of ‘low hanging fruit’ that can be applied immediately.
- Innovative strategies for the future.