Yusuf Omar is a multi-award-winning journalist and Co-founder of Hashtag Our Stories, a TEDx speaker, former CNN Senior Social Media Reporter on Snapchat and former Mobile Editor at the Hindustan Times in India where he empowered 750 journalists to tell stories with the phones. He has been a foreign correspondent with just his phone since 2010 and covered the Syrian civil war. At Hashtag Our Stories, he’s empowering mobile video storytelling communities around the world, creating shows in every language.
Session One: Innovative Shit You Need to Know
This is the future of video monetisation and content marketing, at the intersection of mobile storytelling, virtual reality and live video. We explore the trends shaping the future of communications.
Session Two: How To Break The Internet With Videos
During this hands-on session you will learn how to create social stories that can travel further and faster to attract new audiences and how to find and create viral videos with your phone.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• Experience new Mobile Journalism (MOJO) technologies.
• Empower communicators with mobile-first workflows for highly shareable video formats.
• Engage audiences so content travels further and faster.
• Social Discovery: Finding stories before they go viral.
• Social Publishing: Facebook Live, Snapchat/Instagram Stories formats and short form ‘explainer’ videos.
• Social Engagement: How to make stories go viral and migrate audiences to our sites.