Sumaiya Omar is a Co-founder of Hashtag Our Stories. Sumaiya has spent five years experimenting with emerging news platforms like Snapchat and Instagram in South Africa, India and the UK and has conducted mobile journalism workshops with broadcasters across Europe. She also writes for the International News Media Association (inma.org) and the Thomson Foundation (TFJNow).
Session One: Innovative Shit You Need to Know
This is the future of video monetisation and content marketing, at the intersection of mobile storytelling, virtual reality and live video. We explore the trends shaping the future of communications.
Session Two: How To Break The Internet With Videos
During this hands-on session, you will learn how to create social stories that can travel further and faster to attract new audiences and how to find and create viral videos with your phone.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• Experience new Mobile Journalism (MOJO) technologies.
• Empower communicators with mobile-first workflows for highly shareable video formats.
• Engage audiences so content travels further and faster.
• Social Discovery: Finding stories before they go viral.
• Social Publishing: Facebook Live, Snapchat/Instagram Stories formats and short form ‘explainer’ videos.
• Social Engagement: How to make stories go viral and migrate audiences to our sites.